The modern jargon “patient centricity” and “patient engagement” has been revolving a lot around the industry. Patient centricity refers to the design, development, and conduct of clinical trials, keeping in mind the needs of the patient. Patient engagement refers to the patient’s activity and retained participation in clinical trials. There is a huge difference between patient centricity and patient engagement, which has been misinterpreted and interchanged often.
Five Key Essentials of Patient-Centric Clinical Trials
Incorporating the patient’s perspective in the clinical trial design is the essence to balance the scientific rigour and study feasibility for participants. The main idea of patient centricity is to ensure smooth conduct and lessen the burden of the patient’s journey through the clinical trial process.
Five essential best practices will ensure smooth enhanced patient experience, high satisfaction rates, improved data quality, and patient retention for clinical trials.
Seamless Implementation of Cloudbyz Digital Platform
All the 5 key essentials can be incorporated and clinical trials can be conducted with ease using the Cloudbyz CTMS solution. Cloudbyz CTMS solution built 100% natively on Salesforce cloud-platform, is flexible and scalable to manage complex and large clinical trial operations.
1. Collaborate with Patients and Caregivers
Cloud-based digital platform:
The Cloudbyz CTMS digital platform enables collaboration between Sponsors, Investigators and Patients with unique capabilities covering:
- Patient recruitment (Patient Portal)
- Investigator Recruitment (Investigator Portal)
- Sponsor/CRO application to track interactions, Budgets, real-time payments, recruitment campaigns, and referrals, etc
Cloudbyz CTMS solution provides the ability for patients to use an app/patient portal to read and sign informed consent at the patient’s convenience.
2. Detailed Patient Profiling and Early Recruitment
Patient Management Via Patient Portal:
- The patient portal provides the capability to forecast, monitor, and manage patient recruitment.
- Build awareness and educate the general public and target volunteer and patient population on clinical trials, process, benefits, and risks.
- Publish eligibility criteria, Self Pre-screening services via website and Chatbot.
- Find nearest Clinical Sites, Book screening appointments, provide driving directions on Google Map, book transportation and provide screening instructions and appointment alerts.
- Track and manage patient information such as the patient’s past medical history and current conditions, and laboratory tests and test results.
3. Simplify Informed Consent & Standardization
- Template Driven: Cloudbyz eConsent solution is based on templates which enable a sequence of items and can be set up based on best practices.
- Interactive Multimedia Supported: Patients can navigate each section of the informed consent, ask questions, save it for later and continue when they are ready. eConsent Feature supports interactive multimedia approaches, supports the electronic signature and converts eConsent responses to an electronic document.
- Real-time Monitoring: Real-time reporting and visibility on how patients read and understand consent documents.
4. Monitor Patient Safety
Cloudbyz Vigilance and Safety Solution:
Cloudbyz Safety & Pharmacovigilance solution accelerator built 100% native on Salesforce Service Cloud offers the 360-degree view across R&D and commercial. The solution enables pharma, biotech, and medical devices companies to make faster and better safety decisions, optimize global compliance, and easily integrate risk management.
5. Measure Outcomes and Performance Metrics
Reports and Dashboards:
- The reporting feature provides targeted, actionable, sustained, meaningful reporting that enables trial teams to take action on the issues detected with configurable, point-and-click reports and dashboards.
- Cloudbyz CTMS comes with pre-configured attributes based on industry best practices to track key performance metrics and historical performance for the sites including participation information and relative interest in participation.
- Site performance metrics feature provides capabilities to set up, track real-time performance and manage the site, evaluation, assessment and selection initiation/ greenlight process.
The Cloudbyz CTMS solution is user-friendly with simple and consistent design, to help Patients, Sponsors, CROs and Investigators lessening the burden of documentation, collaboration and measuring the outcomes of clinical trials with high-quality data. The incorporation of Cloudbyz solution brings patient centricity in clinical trials for Sponsors, CROs, and Investigators.
Further queries or thoughts please comment or feel free to contact:
Srinivas Sashidhar K
Domain Specialist – Life Sciences